About Me

My name is Myia and I am a mom to two wonderful girls. We love to explore life through sensory/messy play and nature. I strongly believe that you need to let children "be little" to reach their full potential. We encourage mess and exploring to build our little one up. We learn through a mixture of Reggio/Waldrof/Montessori practices. Follow for ideas and experiences in sensory play as well as our attachment parent journey!

Monday, April 6, 2015

Egg Carton Flower Craft

Our eggs usually come in a plastic container, so when we dyed Easter Eggs this year, I was excited to have a cardboard box! I had a few ideas, but this ended up being the winner. We decided to make flowers!


First, while Tegan was napping, I carefully cut out the individual "pockets," and each one I had to cut a extra triangle out to make the "flower" even.

I then laid the carton upside down and carefully took a knife and swiveled (not poke) a hole at the bottom.

I set up the paint in a mini cupcake tray, and set out a variety of paintbrushes.



Tegan unfortunately hasn't been interested in painting much, and this required a lot of prompting. I had to hold the flower carton for her while she dipped (her favorite part) and we identified the colors.




It was fun for mommy though because I did a few myself ;)


I let dry upside down, and then inserted a craft pipe cleaner through the hole in the bottom. Tegan is almost 19 months and it was a little too tough for her to do.

And there you have it! A bouquet of wonderful flowers! We also sprinkled some lavender essential oils on them and Tegan "sniffed" them :)


No comments:

Post a Comment