About Me

My name is Myia and I am a mom to two wonderful girls. We love to explore life through sensory/messy play and nature. I strongly believe that you need to let children "be little" to reach their full potential. We encourage mess and exploring to build our little one up. We learn through a mixture of Reggio/Waldrof/Montessori practices. Follow for ideas and experiences in sensory play as well as our attachment parent journey!

Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Simple Straw Sensory Play


                This is a easy activity to do on a busy day. I saw these brightly colored straws on sale for                                              only $1 at my local Fry's Grocery store and decided to pick them up


                       All I did was simply cut them up into different shapes, add water, and viola!


This helps practice fine motor by picking up the straws floating.


                                                  It didn't take Tegan long to put her feet in....


And then her whole body!




No comments:

Post a Comment