About Me

My name is Myia and I am a mom to two wonderful girls. We love to explore life through sensory/messy play and nature. I strongly believe that you need to let children "be little" to reach their full potential. We encourage mess and exploring to build our little one up. We learn through a mixture of Reggio/Waldrof/Montessori practices. Follow for ideas and experiences in sensory play as well as our attachment parent journey!

Saturday, April 11, 2015

Fireman day!

Our town had a fireman/firetruck meet and greet this morning. Although this picture might fool you, Tegan had a blast!

We had a rough morning, and even worse we decided to skip our nap basically. But we were able to do our craft and bin still, which helped keep her calm and content.

First up, our failed craft (lol). I mean to do tissue paper bleed art, and I did not know you needed specific tissue paper! Yes peeps! It needs to say bleed tissue! So ours did not bleed at all, but the water did stick the tissue paper on!


we simply glued the recycled brown paper on the construction paper, and gently placed the tissue paper. We took a paint brush and dipped in water and "painted" the tissue paper on. 

Then yesterday, I made a quick "fire" bin using materials I had. Tegan is a little young, so I didn't go all out for this theme. I used black beans and sand I had already from a previous "space" bin, and red/yellow/black pom poms. I made a "house" out of a tissue box.



To extend play, I added toilet paper rolls for the pom poms




Overall, it was a very fun theme I think we will revisit in the future for sure! 

No comments:

Post a Comment