About Me

My name is Myia and I am a mom to two wonderful girls. We love to explore life through sensory/messy play and nature. I strongly believe that you need to let children "be little" to reach their full potential. We encourage mess and exploring to build our little one up. We learn through a mixture of Reggio/Waldrof/Montessori practices. Follow for ideas and experiences in sensory play as well as our attachment parent journey!

Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Sticky Earth

For our Earth Month theme, we did a simple activity we often do that is a lot of fun and also educational. We simply use contact paper (clear) and a type of medium to practice our fine motor skills sticking our medium to the contact paper.


I simply cut a circle shape (kinda, lol!) out of our contact paper (I got mine at Target-in the home aisles) and cut blue foil as well as blue and green foam shapes. 


Again, I just let her put the colors wherever, but it might be fun to see if you could do a replica Earth from your head! 

And our finished project:


The best part, the foam pieces are reusable so its something they can come back to throughout the day!





No comments:

Post a Comment