About Me

My name is Myia and I am a mom to two wonderful girls. We love to explore life through sensory/messy play and nature. I strongly believe that you need to let children "be little" to reach their full potential. We encourage mess and exploring to build our little one up. We learn through a mixture of Reggio/Waldrof/Montessori practices. Follow for ideas and experiences in sensory play as well as our attachment parent journey!

Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Play Date and Gelatin Shapes Sensory Play

Today we had our best friend Bryden come over to play! They were born on the same day and I love seeing them interact! I made a simple activity they could do. I prepared the gelatin shapes the day before by simply following the directions. I realized then I only had green food coloring!!


I made the gelatin by preparing it in the directions and adding the food coloring after I added the hot water. I then scooped them into the molds I got secondhand. When I went the next day to take them out, the flamingos and fish didn't make it! It was too hard to take them out of the mold. Only the ducks and circles made it intact. The 4 gelatin packets (one box) filled six molds.

                                              Then we simply added water to the water table!


These were so much fun to grasp and tear apart!

I think it would be fun to get ABC and number molds and do a alphabet and number theme water table! And def get more food coloring for better colors! Thank you for reading!



No comments:

Post a Comment