About Me

My name is Myia and I am a mom to two wonderful girls. We love to explore life through sensory/messy play and nature. I strongly believe that you need to let children "be little" to reach their full potential. We encourage mess and exploring to build our little one up. We learn through a mixture of Reggio/Waldrof/Montessori practices. Follow for ideas and experiences in sensory play as well as our attachment parent journey!

Thursday, November 13, 2014

Cranberry and Water Beads!

We have had some leftover fresh cranberries, and what better Fall sensory activity than watching them float on water?



I am so happy I found this water table at a thrift store for only $8, we've been using it quite a lot. It is deeper than our sand table and I love we can reserve just water activities for it.


I can't stress how much I personally love the sensory element of touch water beads add to any activity. We left these uncolored and Tegan had fun feeling them in the water, invisible but something was there!



We scooped cranberries and beads to each side, and then just had fun feeling the water!

1 comment:

  1. Water globules are hydrating polymer which swell when absorbed water. They change into gel-like consistency - bouncy, dangerous and squishy. Water Beads

    ReplyDelete