About Me

My name is Myia and I am a mom to two wonderful girls. We love to explore life through sensory/messy play and nature. I strongly believe that you need to let children "be little" to reach their full potential. We encourage mess and exploring to build our little one up. We learn through a mixture of Reggio/Waldrof/Montessori practices. Follow for ideas and experiences in sensory play as well as our attachment parent journey!

Monday, November 24, 2014

Cranberry Play Dough

I am always looking for easy recipes for play! This one was extremely easy. As you may know, cloud dough (Flour or corn starch with a type of oil) is extremely popular here. Tegan loves this stuff and keeps her busy! This is a fun spin. 


I simply used 1 can of cranberry sauce and a box of cornstarch! Fair warning: I followed a fellow bloggers recipe and I do NOT recommend this proportion! I had a lot of cornstarch left over. You either need another can of cranberries or 1/2 box of starch. 





It was a little more crumbly than cloud dough, but if I had fixed the ratio it would have had great molding properties. 




I also added some cranberries I had left over from the water bin I posted the other day. These have been sitting out; they are not rotten but have "fermented" with lactic acid and now "pop" when squeezed! This was a wonderful added sensory experience as Tegan, who is 14 months, loved popping them! I also added regular cloud dough scented with Peppermint EO! 


There goes the pan!

Squeezing the cranberries

Tegan had outgrown the play pool we were using to "Contain' the mess, so I found this Target brand plastic table cover and I simply put it on the kitchen floor. I then swept up anything that fell out of the sheet. I imagine one of these days Tegan might try to lift up the cover too and flip it over, like she did with the pie pan pictured above! :)

Look at that fine motor!





No comments:

Post a Comment