About Me

My name is Myia and I am a mom to two wonderful girls. We love to explore life through sensory/messy play and nature. I strongly believe that you need to let children "be little" to reach their full potential. We encourage mess and exploring to build our little one up. We learn through a mixture of Reggio/Waldrof/Montessori practices. Follow for ideas and experiences in sensory play as well as our attachment parent journey!

Friday, August 29, 2014

Upcycled: Paper Roll Sensory

I got this idea from Kid's Activity Blog and I LOVED the idea. Up cycled, sensory, easy, and cheap! I have been saving our tubes for something and now they had a purpose!



I only had two real fabric scraps I thought I wanted to use, minky and satin. I decided to get crafty with the rest and pulled out my "junk craft" drawer. I had foam pages that were a perfect fit for the rolls I got at the dollar store! I then decided to jazz a few of them up. Googly eyes, pom poms and rubber bands!



I didn't have a curtain rod, nor did I know where to put it, so I had to get thinking. At first I was simply going to use some extra clothes line I had, but then stumbled upon my old cloth diaper rack! Perfect!! I loosened the dowels and slid them on. Then I anxiously waited for Tegan to wake up...

And she loved it! She loved to "squeeze" each one. Minky was her favorite, but she was exploring each tube  sensing the differences! Perfect!


She loved "rolling" them too


                             I kept it up all day and she kept going back to it for a squeeze or two.



At most this was $3 if you didn't have these supplies on hand! And Kid's Activity Blog had a great idea to repurpose these AGAIN...use them as paint rollers once finished as sensory rolls!


No comments:

Post a Comment