About Me

My name is Myia and I am a mom to two wonderful girls. We love to explore life through sensory/messy play and nature. I strongly believe that you need to let children "be little" to reach their full potential. We encourage mess and exploring to build our little one up. We learn through a mixture of Reggio/Waldrof/Montessori practices. Follow for ideas and experiences in sensory play as well as our attachment parent journey!

Saturday, August 23, 2014

Shaving Cream and Water Beads-an awesome duo!

So,  I think I have found one of my personal sensory mix ups today! It late morning here, and Tegan is having a rough time this morning, very clingy and nursing a lot. I finally put her down  for a nap and it has been a tough time. We've already had two sensory playtimes to help distract her and get her in a good mood. For quick set up, I always use my cloud dough. It's a favorite here and gets her distracted for a little it while Mommy does things! Like, drink coffee so I don't go crazy, LOL!


                 But the big winner today has been this new combo, water beads and shaving cream!



Wow, let me tell you, the texture of this is AMAZING! I had just as much fun with it as she did! The shaving cream made the beads feel cool, even though they were at room temp. And the squishy-ness of the cream was very nice with the slipperiness of the beads.



Like most of this morning, she needed this activity to have lot of mommy guidance. I think if she were in a better mood she would have dived more in, but nevertheless she had a blast.

You could soak the beads in coloring to make a nice contrast I personally liked the transparent look of clear on white :)


For clean up to save the water beads, I simply scooped them into a pasta strainer and rinsed :)

Thank you for reading!

1 comment:

  1. So great, she looks like she's playing marshmallow cream!

    ReplyDelete