About Me

My name is Myia and I am a mom to two wonderful girls. We love to explore life through sensory/messy play and nature. I strongly believe that you need to let children "be little" to reach their full potential. We encourage mess and exploring to build our little one up. We learn through a mixture of Reggio/Waldrof/Montessori practices. Follow for ideas and experiences in sensory play as well as our attachment parent journey!

Sunday, August 24, 2014

Cheap and Easy music fun!

I stumbled across this idea and thought to myself what a great way to encourage fine motor skills! Tegan has been using her 'pincher grasp" for quite some time, and this activity encourages her to use it with a beautiful musical reward.



This is a very cheap activity, and it kept Tegan busy for quite awhile! I had a small cardboard box and band sitting around, so for me it was free!!

I noticed my pack had not only different colors, but different band widths. When placing the bands on, I also noticed that if you twisted them, a different sound would emit! This would be a great learning experience for older children!


After I was done I let Tegan play and she was enthralled of the reaction of plucking the strings.


Unlike most sensory play, this one lasts and lasts and she has gone to it multiple times!


Thanks for reading and let them be little!


No comments:

Post a Comment