About Me

My name is Myia and I am a mom to two wonderful girls. We love to explore life through sensory/messy play and nature. I strongly believe that you need to let children "be little" to reach their full potential. We encourage mess and exploring to build our little one up. We learn through a mixture of Reggio/Waldrof/Montessori practices. Follow for ideas and experiences in sensory play as well as our attachment parent journey!

Friday, September 25, 2015

Sudsy Goop

Here in Arizona, it can simply be too hot to play outside. Even at 7am, it can already be in the 90's. However, I try to encourage Tegan to get out even if it is a little bit and she happily obligates, especially if water fun is involved.

Sudsy Goop is a fun activity using only four ingredients, cornstarch, kool aid, soap, and water. I used a bottle of dollar store baby shampoo for this particular time. Kool aid is for color and smell.

When you add water slowly to cornstarch, it creates a slime that can be solid in your fist and then "melts." Adding soap makes the goop a little more runny, and when you swish it dissolves and creates long lasting bubbles.



The best part is I love it when Tegan "Decorates" our patio. Kool aid and Cornstarch is a easy way to make chalk! So when she poured/flung the goop, it will actually dry like chalk.


I have left it out all day, and she has come back to it several times


This is from this afternoon:



It was easy, cheap, and a really fun activity that cleaned up well. And I am loving the dried art created from it! 



No comments:

Post a Comment