About Me

My name is Myia and I am a mom to two wonderful girls. We love to explore life through sensory/messy play and nature. I strongly believe that you need to let children "be little" to reach their full potential. We encourage mess and exploring to build our little one up. We learn through a mixture of Reggio/Waldrof/Montessori practices. Follow for ideas and experiences in sensory play as well as our attachment parent journey!

Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Pom Pom Tubes

I actually did this with two things in mind:

I need something quick and easy
I don't think Tegan will do this

Only one of those were right. And it was the quick and easy. So proud of my newly turned One year old, I showed her a few times what to do and she caught on and thought it was a blast! Something so simple, yet she was using her fine motor skills to the max! This is a great exercise for littles to work on hand eye coordination, pincher grasp, and so much more!

If I had more time and more tubes, I would have probably done more, but this seem to suffice. It kept her entertained for a good ten minutes which is not bad for literally no prep work. Taped them on the side of my kitchen island and viola!


Here is a video of her putting them in! 


No comments:

Post a Comment