About Me

My name is Myia and I am a mom to two wonderful girls. We love to explore life through sensory/messy play and nature. I strongly believe that you need to let children "be little" to reach their full potential. We encourage mess and exploring to build our little one up. We learn through a mixture of Reggio/Waldrof/Montessori practices. Follow for ideas and experiences in sensory play as well as our attachment parent journey!

Thursday, July 10, 2014

Water Beads are any sensory bin must have!

So, I've been meaning to pick up water beads from Amazon. We are in-between houses, living with my mom so I just haven't. I was cursing the Dollar Tree store looking for corn starch and there it was-floral water beads! I was so excited! I do think overall it cost more to buy them at the dollar store, but for my purposes it was fine.



Verdict? They are everything they are cracked up to be. I literally played with them myself for at least 10 minutes! So soft, squishy, even a little iridescent. I frantically searched for my color dye and realized I must have misplaced them. So we would have to play with them in their original state.


Since they shimmer on their own, I added stainless steal cups to the bin.


Tegan loved the water beads as much as I did, now Tegan is only 10 months old and is orally exploitative so it goes with note there was diligent supervision to make sure she didn't eat one of these! But they were so slippery I didn't have any real problem.



Dad also had a lot of fun playing with Tegan with the beads!

Thank you for reading guys!




No comments:

Post a Comment