About Me

My name is Myia and I am a mom to two wonderful girls. We love to explore life through sensory/messy play and nature. I strongly believe that you need to let children "be little" to reach their full potential. We encourage mess and exploring to build our little one up. We learn through a mixture of Reggio/Waldrof/Montessori practices. Follow for ideas and experiences in sensory play as well as our attachment parent journey!

Monday, June 23, 2014

Silky Smooth

I needed something simple today and I decided to try the Silky Dough as seen on pinterest everywhere! I was a little cautious because Tegan still explores new things orally, but I knew I could keep a good eye on her and she had done so well with sensory materials!






Silk Dough consist of two things: Corn Starch and Shaving Cream. You can definitely get more creative. Add glitter, add color, add scents, ect! Let me say, I also tried it with flour and it simply wasn't as soft or fun! This really was interesting to put together, older children will love mixing it maybe even more than the finished product! I know I did!


The best part of this messy play it was a easy clean! Just a broom and quick dusting off!


Thanks for reading and remember, Let Them Be Little!

No comments:

Post a Comment